FROM APRIL 2019
VAT is changing. HMRC’s Making Tax Digital for VAT comes into effect from April 1st 2019 meaning many UK businesses must change how they prepare and file VAT returns. For those affected:
- HMRC’s online VAT portal will close from April.
- VAT returns must instead be submitted to HMRC through MTD software.
- Businesses must digitally record their VAT transactions and returns using MTD software.
Other components of Making Tax Digital, such as income tax and corporation tax, have been placed on hold until April 2020 at the earliest.
WITH OUR SERVICE YOU CAN BENEFIT FROM:
- Access to your own EM Accountants client portal.
- Access to your cloud accounting records.
- Access to your HMRC digital tax account.
- Submission of your quarterly tax updates to HMRC.
- Submission of your annual tax return to HMRC.